Coconut oil: New age fad or age old miracle?
You would have to be living under a rock to not have heard the latest and greatest about coconut oil these days. From brushing your teeth to hair treatments to frying up some sweet potato fries, coconut oil is everywhere.
When and where did this newest greatest oil come into play, really?
actually in the Pacific Rim, coconut oil has been the oldest oil used and in many tropical indegenous nations they toute a 0% heart disease, 0% cancer rate and live well beyond the average life expectancy! So what is it that makes this fad so wonder ful you may ask?
Here are my ten favorite reasons why coconut oil is all its cracked up to be!
1. Coconut Oil Contains a Unique Combination of Fatty Acids With Powerful Medicinal Properties. Coconut oil contains a lot of medium chain triglycerides, which are metabolized differently and can have therapeutic effects on several brain disorders.
2. Coconut Oil Can Increase Your Energy & Help You Burn More Fat. It is able to do this by using the MTG which have been proven to increase energy levels by 5%, potentially leading to significant weight loss over the long term.
3. The Lauric Acid in Coconut Oil Can Kill Bacteria, Viruses and Fungi. Almost 50% of the fatty acids in coconut oil is the 12-carbon Lauric Acid.When coconut oil is enzymatically digested, it also forms a monoglyceride called monolaurin.Both lauric acid and monolaurin can kill harmful pathogens like bacteria, viruses and fungi.
4. Coconut Oil Can Improve Blood Cholesterol Levels and May Lower Your Risk of Heart Disease. Coconut oil is loaded with saturated fats, which actually do not harm the blood lipid profile like previously thought so basically coconut oil improves important risk factors like Total, LDL and HDL cholesterol, which may translate to a reduced risk of heart disease.
5. Coconut Oil Can Protect Hair Against Damage, Moisturize Skin and Function as Sunscreen, Coconut oil can also be very protective against hair damage and one study shows effectiveness as sunscreen, blocking about 20% of the sun’s ultraviolet rays.
So there you have it! It is all TRUE its OK to be loco for coco (nut oil)
You will be hard pressed to be unable to find it in any store near you, but just in case... email email@example.com for a list of retailers and online stores who will have the best type of cold pressed organic coconut oil available in your area of the world.